Portland, OR, February 5, 2018—CPI’s newly designed Workamajig Platinum Project Management University was a resounding success! The seventh installment in the PM University series, this was the first year CPI focused on Workamajig’s new HTML5 Platinum interface to help current users transition from the Flash interface while still incorporating the best practices of project management.
UNIVERSITY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Understand how to un-blend account and project management disciplines
- Design detailed project architectures for the most typical project types (templates)
- Understand what’s new and improved in Platinum
- Implement complex project timelines + schedules including predecessors, durations, constraints + lags using Platinum
- Understand benefits of function-based vs. title-based scoping + estimating
- Create accurate estimates through the use of functional codes + project architecture within Platinum
- Create a complex campaign architecture plan, including campaigns, projects + segments, for both easy billing and budget to actual management
- Decrypt the Purchase Order process
- Understand basic principles of project financials
- Analyze budget to actuals for both projects + campaigns within Platinum
- Implement principles of project transaction management to increase data accuracy + project profitability
- Understand client invoicing + best practice revenue recognition within Platinum
- Understand the benefits of an integrated project management system
About Creative Performance
Creative Performance Inc. is a consultancy that specializes in agency operations for the marketing services industry (agency, brand and hybrid). Over the last decade, CPI has helped over a hundred agencies through complex organizational change, with an emphasis on increasing project throughput, project profitability, client profitability and agency profit. Clients include emerging growth, high growth and global agencies looking to gain competitive advantage and prepare for an uncertain future.
CPI is consulting partners with AgencyStory®, Mavenlink, Oracle® and Workamajig® – helping their clients successfully deploy, adopt and transform in a manner that drives lasting change.
Workamajig® is the most powerful and innovative project management software for ad agencies, design firms, in-house creative departments and everyone else in the creative industry. Workamajig started more than 25 years ago as an operations and technology consulting firm to creative shops. But after seeing and experiencing the frustration that off-the-shelf project management systems caused, they decided to build their own customizable solution. Workamajig, which was one of the first web-based systems ever built for the industry, quickly became a market leader. More than 2,000 firms ranging from 10 to 1,000 employees currently rely on Workamajig and 20% of the Fortune 500 companies use the software for their in-house departments.